Monday, August 8, 2011

When Mommy's Away, the Boys will Play

     I experienced my first night away from Carter this past weekend.  Actually, I experienced my first 3 nights away from him.  So not only was it my first time away, it was for 3 nights and 3 1/2 days!  However, I'm not so sure he was counting, and well, Matthew informed me he didn't even think about me after I left (thanks a lot!!).  Boy, kids really know how to make a Mommy feel loved!  :)  They got to play with Daddy and Grandma Boyd all weekend, so they were kept plenty busy.  However, it was nice that Carter did want to talk to me almost every time I called (which was about twice a day... once in the morning and once before bed).  There was one time I called when Elmo was just more important... yeah... that sounds about right (I mean, who doesn't love a red, furry little monster?).  Anyway, we all survived; Mommy enjoyed the MOPS convention in Nashville (quite possibly my favorite city that I've visited so far... although of course Orlando and Cocoa Beach come pretty close), and the three boys enjoyed their time together.  It was hard, though, to not tell Daddy about how he was doing things "wrong"... like putting Carter down for his nap right after lunch instead of waiting until about 2:30 or 3:00, or how he forgot to take more lunch meat out of the freezer when there was just a little bit left in the current package.  In fact, he's lucky that a friend reminded me that just because it's not my way doesn't mean it's the wrong way, and that Daddy's are allowed to do things differently... and everything turned out just fine- Matthew found something else for lunch when Carter finished off the lunch meat, and Carter's nap schedule was not harmed even the slightest little bit.  The house was clean and the dishes were done when I got home; I think Aaron was very proud of himself for such a job well done- and I was proud of him, too!  It's not super easy to take care of both boys, and it's definitely tiring!

     We were back to our normal schedule even yesterday afternoon (except for the nap I had in the evening) right after I got home.  Then today has seemed as though I was never even gone... we went to the pool today (thankfully, there were no near-drowning episodes!) and had lots of fun, then came home and Carter is taking his nap while I type this, then do some work for Thirty-One, then figure out dinner.  I will say, though, that I had a wonderful break... but I am sure glad to be home with my babies!! (Just don't tell Matthew I called him a baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment